To provide a safe and enjoyable experience for guest on the ropes course, zip line, and slides within Nickelodeon Universe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communication to guests giving an explanation of how the flow of the attractions works, wait times, and rules.
- Enforce safety of all guests and team members at Dutchman's Deck including height and weight restrictions, physical condition, and shoes/clothing requirements.
- Properly harness and secure guests prior to them entering the attractions.
- Ensure loose articles are properly stored.
- Responsible for the safety of all participants.
- Inspect all equipment prior to use.
- Professionally communicate any concerns with Supervisor.
- Deal calmly and efficiently with stressful situations and guests.
- Understand and participate in emergency procedures including but not limited to: Take down procedures, rescues on the zip line, emergency weather procedures and lockdown procedures.
- Monitor all guests on the course and throughout their experience at this attraction.
- Handle cash and screening of guests at the register position.
- Ability to walk and climb (ropes, ladders, stairs) at heights of five stories.
- Ability to tie specific knots, belay, move safely from element to element on course.
- Ability to visually observe any safety and/or guest concern while operating the ride/attraction.
- Additional duties as assigned
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Enjoy working in a teamwork based environment.
- Enjoy working in a family oriented theme park environment
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, safety minded and observant.
- Meet the physical challenges of upper body strength, agility, balance and flexibility
- Previous guest service experience
*Mall of America® is an EEO employer: women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.